karaoke for nascar fans


Monday, January 08, 2007

bobby hamilton 1957 - 2007




First and foremost, let me offer my condolences to the Hamilton family for their loss. From his humble beginnings as a stunt driver for "Days of Thunder" to his Winston Cup wins for The King, Andy Petree and Morgan-McClure to his tenacious battles which made him the 2004 Craftsman Truck Series Champion, 1991 NASCAR Winston Cup Rookie of the Year Bobby Hamilton was a great champion and a class act. He will truly be missed.

So, here's what's going on here at the site. As I did not post a tribute to James Brown after his passing last Christmas, I decided on New Year's that this week I would do a tribute to him by changing the lyrics of one of his songs. When it was announced 72-year-old James Hylton would be driving a Childress car at Daytona this year, I then picked "Papa's Got A Brand New Bag" as the James Brown song to talk about Hylton this week. In fact, I just finished "the james song" last night right before I heard the news about Bobby.

So, in honor of Bobby, what I've decided to do is cut the mike, at least for a couple days. To allow for both tributes in the same week, this post will remain at the top of my page until Thursday, at which point "the james song" will be posted as this week's entry. It's a tricky balancing act between the worlds of NASCAR and music and I thank you for bearing with me.

In the meantime, as part of this tribute,
let me offer this link to a YouTube video posted recently of Bobby Hamilton's final Winston Cup victory at Talladega in 2001
Posted by Brock Beard :: 1:10 AM ::
---------------------------------------

"win on sunday, sing on monday"